IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Attributed to Charles Gore, 1729–1807, British, A Large Church (Westminster Abbey) at Sunset, undated
A Large Church (Westminster Abbey) at Sunset
- Pen and black ink, watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, greened white laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 9 inches (14 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "D3497 | Charles Gore 1729-1807 (underlined) | Westminster Abbey, | Coll: Sir Henry Englefield Bart | (Sir H. E. was a personal friend | of Gore's)"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cathedral | cityscape | skyline | sunset
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.