Queen Anne's Court, Cheyne Walk, Chelsea
- Materials & Techniques:
- Brown wash, gray wash, pen and brown ink, pen and black ink, and graphite on thick, smooth, cream card
- Sheet: 20 × 25 inches (50.8 × 63.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and gray ink, upper center: "Water Colour View | of | 'Queen Ann's Court' | Chey'ne Walk Chelsea | by | H & W Greaves | 104 Cheyne Walk | Chelsea | Pupils of Whistler | 1874"; in graphite, lower right: "202"
Lettered inside image in watercolor, upper leftt: "KINGSHEAD | EIGHT BELLS | Robinson | Pale | Burton | Ales"; upper left: "WHITB<...>"; center: "E BARK[E]R"; center right: "43 ALLENCOOK 43 | TAILOR"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "H&W Greaves 1874"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscapes | shops | street
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Greaves, 1850–1900, British, Queen Anne's Court, Cheyne Walk, Chelsea, 1874
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.