Queen Anne's Court, Cheyne Walk, Chelsea
- Brown wash, gray wash, pen and brown ink, pen and black ink, and graphite on thick, smooth, cream card
- Sheet: 20 × 25 inches (50.8 × 63.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and gray ink, upper center: "Water Colour View | of | 'Queen Ann's Court' | Chey'ne Walk Chelsea | by | H & W Greaves | 104 Cheyne Walk | Chelsea | Pupils of Whistler | 1874"; in graphite, lower right: "202"
Lettered inside image in watercolor, upper leftt: "KINGSHEAD | EIGHT BELLS | Robinson | Pale | Burton | Ales"; upper left: "WHITB<...>"; center: "E BARK[E]R"; center right: "43 ALLENCOOK 43 | TAILOR"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "H&W Greaves 1874"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscapes | shops | street
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Greaves, 1850–1900, British, Queen Anne's Court, Cheyne Walk, Chelsea, 1874
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.