Study for the Head of Christ and an Apostle
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 × 6 1/4 inches (19.7 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "[inverted] Dear Sir."
Watermarks: J Whatman (Letters; similar to Shorter 202)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | bust | figure study | portrait
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Benjamin Robert Haydon, 1786–1846, British, Study for the Head of Christ and an Apostle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.