IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Benjamin Robert Haydon, 1786–1846, British, Preparing to Administer the Sacrament, 1838
Preparing to Administer the Sacrament
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted to medium, smooth cream card
- Sheet: 7 5/8 × 10 3/4 inches (19.4 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed by the artist in pen and brown ink, lower edge: B.R.H. Preparing to administer the Sacrament/ the Last supper Leeds 1838/ Dr Hook [?].
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "BRH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Moore
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ceremony | figures | genre subject | interior | prayer | table
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.