IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Claude Hayes, 1852–1922, British, Moorland with Sheep and Shepherd, undated
Moorland with Sheep and Shepherd
- Watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 3/8 × 29 1/4 inches (49.2 × 74.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in black chalk, center left: "Near Ponty Point | N. Wales | Price 50 guineas"
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Claude Hayes"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | grasslands | hills | landscape | sheep | shepherd | sky
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.