Moorland with Sheep and Shepherd
- Watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 3/8 × 29 1/4 inches (49.2 × 74.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in black chalk, center left: "Near Ponty Point | N. Wales | Price 50 guineas"
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Claude Hayes"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | grasslands | hills | landscape | sheep | shepherd | sky
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Claude Hayes, 1852–1922, British, Moorland with Sheep and Shepherd, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.