IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Hayman, 1707/8–1776, British, Messengers Before an Emperor, undated
Messengers Before an Emperor
- Pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 × 3 1/8 inches (12.7 × 7.9 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | building | columns | emperor | historical subject | letter | messengers | statues
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.