- Sheet of Studies of Oriental Figures
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 7 3/8 inches (29.5 × 18.7 cm)
Inscrbed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Hodges, R.A. | S861"
Similar to Shorter 109 [crown and GR portion only).
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Hodges, R.A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | Oriental
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Isabel Combs Stuebe, Life and works of William Hodges, , Garland Publishing, Inc., New York, 1979, pp. 147, 190, no. 162, NJ18 H646 S75 1979 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Hodges, 1744–1797, British, Sheet of Studies of Oriental Figures, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.