- Portrait Study of Whistler
- Black chalk and graphite with pen and gray ink on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 x 8 5/8in. (33 x 21.9cm) and Sheet: 13 × 8 5/8 inches (33 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink, lower center: "James McNeil Whistler"; in graphite, lower center: "D. 1820 | Walter Greaves 1846-1931 | Portrait sketch of Whistler"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "W Greaves"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure | male | monocle | moustache | portrait
- Associated People:
- Whistler, James Abbott McNeill (1834–1903), painter and printmaker
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Walter Greaves, 1846–1930, British, Portrait Study of Whistler, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.