IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Towneley Green, 1836–1899, British, Beside the Lily-Pond, 1869
Beside the Lily-Pond
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 9 3/8 inches (18.4 × 23.8 cm)
Signed in pen and red ink, lower left: "Towneley Green | 1869"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dress | feathers | flowers (plants) | genre subject | landscape | lily pad | peacock | pond | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.