The Devil's Bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, gray ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 × 22 inches (40 × 55.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 15 1/8 × 21 3/8 inches (38.4 × 54.3 cm), and Image: 14 7/8 × 21 3/16 inches (37.8 × 53.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "The Devil's Bridge | Kirkby Lonsdale | River Lune, Westmorland"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | landscape | men
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Green, 1760–1823, British, The Devil's Bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.