View of Lakes Buttermere and Crummock Water
- Watercolor and gum over graphite on medium, smooth wove paper mounted on card
- Sheet: 14 5/8 x 19 7/8 inches (37.1 x 50.5 cm) and Mount: 15 1/2 x 21 1/4 inches (39.4 x 54 cm)
Inscribed on back in artist's hand in pen and brown ink center: "March 1803 Wm Green"; inscribed on back in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower right: " No 12 | Two lakes Buttermere and | Cr[ummock] Water"
Signed on back in pen and brown ink center: "March 1803 Wm Green"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | figures | lakes | landscape | mountains
- Associated Places:
- Buttermere | Cumbria | England
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Green, 1760–1823, British, View of Lakes Buttermere and Crummock Water, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.