View of Lakes Buttermere and Crummock Water
- Watercolor and gum over graphite on medium, smooth wove paper mounted on card
- 14 5/8 x 19 7/8 inches (37.1 x 50.5 cm) and 15 1/2 x 21 1/4 inches (39.4 x 54 cm)
Inscribed on back in artist's hand in pen and brown ink center: "March 1803 Wm Green"; inscribed on back in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower right: " No 12 | Two lakes Buttermere and | Cr[ummock] Water"
Signed and dated on verso in pen and brown ink center: "March 1803 Wm Green"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | figures | lakes | landscape | mountains
- Associated Places:
- Buttermere | Cumbria | England
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Green, 1760–1823, British, View of Lakes Buttermere and Crummock Water, 1803