The Ruins from Leptis Magna as they Appeared in the Royal Park at Virginia Water
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 13 inches (22.9 × 33 cm)
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "GH August 2 1835"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient | architectural subject | architecture | columns | Roman | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Leptis Magna | Libya | Surrey | United Kingdom | Virginia Water
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir George Hayter, 1792–1871, British, The Ruins from Leptis Magna as they Appeared in the Royal Park at Virginia Water, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.