A Capriccio of Windsor Castle
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 12 7/8 inches (22.2 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Sept 30, 1827 | Clarence Hotel | [...] Lane"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "GH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | sky | town
- Associated Places:
- England | United Kingdom | Windsor | Windsor and Maidenhead | Windsor Castle
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir George Hayter, 1792–1871, British, A Capriccio of Windsor Castle, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.