Wreck and the Merchant Vessel, St. George, at Deal, Kent
- Brown wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 × 6 5/8 inches (13.3 × 16.8 cm)
In pen and brown ink, upper edge: Feby. 23.1807. I-S-H Wreck of the St. George merchant vessel.
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, upper center "....1807 L.S.H"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | beach | marine art | merchant vessel | shipwreck
- Associated Places:
- Deal | England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Samuel Hayward, 1778–1822, Wreck and the Merchant Vessel, St. George, at Deal, Kent, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.