- The Garden Side for the Mosque at Chunar
- ca. 1781
- Gray wash and graphite with touches of white on laid paper, laid down to 19th Century wash mount
- Sheet: 19 1/16 x 25 11/16in. (48.4 x 65.2cm)
In graphite, LC of mount: 3/ A finished painting of this, in colours, is in the Sir John Soane's Museum in Lincoln's from Fields 1855 Phillipps.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Isabel Combs Stuebe, Life and works of William Hodges, , Garland Publishing, Inc., New York, 1979, pp. xvi, 227, no. 258, fig. 174, NJ18 H646 S75 1979 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Hodges, 1744–1797, British, The Garden Side for the Mosque at Chunar, ca. 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.