- The Pass of Sicri Gully [Sakrigali] from Bengal, Entering into the Province of Bahar
- ca. 1781
- Gray wash and graphite with touches of white on laid paper, laid down to 19th Century wash mount
- Sheet: 19 1/2 x 26 1/16in. (49.5 x 66.2cm)
Initialled in pen and brown ink, UL: WH with add. s; in graphite, UR: Skcrigully; in graphite, LC of mount: 6.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Isabel Combs Stuebe, Life and works of William Hodges, , Garland Publishing, Inc., New York, 1979, pp. xx, 269, no. 384, fig. 236, NJ18 H646 S75 1979 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Hodges, 1744–1797, British, The Pass of Sicri Gully [Sakrigali] from Bengal, Entering into the Province of Bahar, ca. 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.