- A View of a Musjd, i.e., Tomb at Jionpoor [Jaunpur]
- ca. 1783
- Gray wash, pen and black ink over graphite on laid paper, laid down on 19th Century wash mount
- Sheet: 19 1/2 x 26 1/4in. (49.5 x 66.7cm)
In graphite, LC of mount: 7 Royal Tomb at Juanpore / [illeg.] Musjid or Tomb at Jionpore In Vol. 1 Printed No. 13; verso at mount in pen and brown ink, LR, vertical: Tomb at Shirkii, i.e.[?] Eastern Kings of Indestem at Jionpeur.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Douglas Fordham, Aquatint Worlds : Travel, Print, and Empire 1770-1820, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven and London, p. 47, fig. 30, NE2230 .F674 2019 (LC) Oversize
Isabel Combs Stuebe, Life and works of William Hodges, , Garland Publishing, Inc., New York, 1979, pp. xviii, 243, no. 311, fig. 202, NJ18 H646 S75 1979 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Hodges, 1744–1797, British, A View of a Musjd, i.e., Tomb at Jionpoor [Jaunpur], ca. 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.