- A View of Part of the Ruins of the City of Agra
- ca. 1783
- Gray wash, pen and black ink with touches of white over graphite on laid paper, laid down on 19th Century mount
- Sheet: 19 7/8 x 26 11/16in. (50.5 x 67.8cm)
In graphite, UR: [illeg.] mam[?] Du [Illeg]; in graphite, LL of mount: J [illeg.]; in graphite, LC of mount: 9 Ruins of Agra / In Vol. 2 printed no. 11; verso of mount, in pen and brown ink, LR: Ruins as Agra, taken from the Pallace of All [trimmed].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Isabel Combs Stuebe, Life and works of William Hodges, , Garland Publishing, Inc., New York, 1979, pp. xiv, 197, no. 174, fig. 129, NJ18 H646 S75 1979 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Hodges, 1744–1797, British, A View of Part of the Ruins of the City of Agra, ca. 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.