- Half Timbered and Thatched Shack
- Watercolor and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 11 3/4 x 9 1/4 inches (29.8 x 23.5 cm) and Sheet: 7 5/8 x 5 5/8 inches (19.4 x 14.3 cm)
Signed and dated in gray ink, lower right: "Hearne. 1798"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cottage | farmer | house | man | pond | rural | shack | thatched | wheat | wheel | woods
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Hearne, 1744–1817, British, Half Timbered and Thatched Shack, 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.