Thaxted Church, Essex
- ca. 1800
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 14 3/4 × 11 1/4 inches (37.5 × 28.6 cm) and Sheet: 13 1/8 x 9 1/2 inches (33.3 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Thaxted Church. Essex."
Signed in gray ink, lower right: "Hearne"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | cathedral | church | fences | gravestones | leisure | men | path | portals | resting | road | sculptures | spire | stained glass | statues | tree | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Essex | Europe | Thaxted | Thaxted church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Hearne, 1744–1817, British, Thaxted Church, Essex, ca. 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.