Thaxted Church, Essex
- ca. 1800
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 14 3/4 × 11 1/4 inches (37.5 × 28.6 cm), Sheet: 13 1/8 x 9 1/2 inches (33.3 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Thaxted Church. Essex."
Signed in gray ink, lower right: "Hearne"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | cathedral | church | fences | gravestones | leisure | men | path | portals | resting | road | sculptures | spire | stained glass | statues | tree | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Essex | Europe | Thaxted | Thaxted church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Hearne, 1744–1817, British, Thaxted Church, Essex, ca. 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.