IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Hearne, 1744–1817, British, The Ruins of the College of Lincluden, Near Dumfries, ca. 1778
The Ruins of the College of Lincluden, Near Dumfries
- ca. 1778
- Watercolor and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 10 inches (18.1 x 25.4 cm)
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Hearne"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | college | genre subject | grass | grazing | hill | man | pastoral | resting | ruins | sculpture | sheep | shepherd | statues | stream | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Dumfries | Europe | Lincluden castle | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
English Landscape (Paul Mellon Collection) 1630-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-04-19 - 1977-07-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.