- A View of the Fort of Mongheer [Monghyr] Upon the Banks of the River Ganges
- ca. 1781
- Gray wash and pen and black ink over graphite on laid paper laid down on 19th Century wash mount
- Sheet: 19 9/16 x 26 3/8in. (49.7 x 67cm)
Initialled in pen and brown ink, UR: MH; in graphite, LC of mount: Fort of Mongheer. In Vol. 2 printed no. 5.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Isabel Combs Stuebe, Life and works of William Hodges, , Garland Publishing, Inc., New York, 1979, pp. xix, 250, no. 330, fig. 212, NJ18 H646 S75 1979 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Hodges, 1744–1797, British, A View of the Fort of Mongheer [Monghyr] Upon the Banks of the River Ganges, ca. 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.