Design for Covent Garden Drop Curtain
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 10 1/8 inches (23.8 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink: "C. G. T. Front Drop | painted out 1823."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | statues | steps
- Associated Places:
- Covent Garden | England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Grieve, 1799–1882, British, Design for Covent Garden Drop Curtain, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.