Design for Love's Labour's Lost
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite sketches of Church, etc.
- Watercolor, white gouache, graphite, pen and black ink, pen and brown ink, and collage on three layerd sheets of moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 9 3/4 inches (16.5 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Loves Labours"; in graphite, upper right: "Loves Labours | [CG?]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "LLL T Grieve"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | architectural subject | church | design | drapes | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Grieve, 1799–1882, British, Design for Love's Labour's Lost, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.