Design for Love's Labour's Lost
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite sketches of Church, etc.
- Watercolor, white gouache, graphite, pen and black ink, pen and brown ink, and collage on three layerd sheets of moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 9 3/4 inches (16.5 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Loves Labours"; in graphite, upper right: "Loves Labours | [CG?]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "LLL T Grieve"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | architectural subject | church | design | drapes | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Grieve, 1799–1882, British, Design for Love's Labour's Lost, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.