Thomas Grieve, 1799–1882, British, Design for A Winter's Tale, undated
Design for A Winter's Tale
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 12 3/4 inches (18.7 × 32.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite: "[...] Winters Tale. Princess Theatre."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns | drapes | figures | plays by William Shakespeare | stage | statues | The Winter's Tale, play by William Shakespeare
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.