IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Moses Griffith, 1747–1819, British, Bevere House near North Claines, Worcestershire, ca. 1780
Bevere House near North Claines, Worcestershire
- ca. 1780
- Watercolor with pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 19 1/4 inches (34.6 x 48.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower center.: "Bevere D. Nash's Worcestershire"; in graphite lower right: "11736" "49/52"; on back in graphite upper left: "AD34"; on back in graphite lower center: "11736"
Watermark: Fleur-De-Lis (similar to Heawood 1848)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cart | horses (animals) | house | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | North Claines | United Kingdom | Worcestershire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Country Houses in Great Britain - Yale Center for British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 1979-10-10 - 1980-01-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Country houses in Great Britain., Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1979, pp. 77-78, no. 65, N6764 Y34 1979 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.