Farmyard Animals: Tribulation
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and pen and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 11 1/4 inches (21.9 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D.2928"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Julius Ibbetson delt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | cattle | ducks | foliage | genre subject | horses (animals) | sheep | yokes (animal equipment)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Julius Caesar Ibbetson, 1759–1817, British, Farmyard Animals: Tribulation, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.