Study for "Arabian Nights"
- Gouache on very thick, moderately textured, brown board
- Sheet: 21 5/16 x 14 7/8 inches (54.1 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, verso, lower left: "45551"; verso, lower left: "47 | The shop of the | [...] tailor | The Arabian Nights | By Frank Brangwyn A R A 138"; verso, lower right: "3 x 5"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Arabian | crowd | genre subject | men | railings | shop | study (visual work) | tailor | turbans
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Frank William Brangwyn, 1867–1956, British, Study for "Arabian Nights", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.