IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Frank William Brangwyn, 1867–1956, British, Study for "Arabian Nights", undated
Study for "Arabian Nights"
- Gouache on very thick, moderately textured, brown board
- Sheet: 21 5/16 x 14 7/8 inches (54.1 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, verso, lower left: "45551"; verso, lower left: "47 | The shop of the | [...] tailor | The Arabian Nights | By Frank Brangwyn A R A 138"; verso, lower right: "3 x 5"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Arabian | crowd | genre subject | men | railings | shop | study (visual work) | tailor | turbans
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.