View of Erthig, Denbigshire, Wales
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on medium, slightly textured cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 18 7/8in. (24.1 x 47.9cm) and Sheet: 9 1/2 × 18 7/8 inches (24.1 × 47.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Erthig Denbighshire."; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD 37"; center: "N7"; lower left: "catalogue | 155"; lower right: "7 3/5 x 17 1/5 | 11733"
Watermark: similar to Heawood: 1828
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | fields | hills | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Denbighshire | Erthig | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Moses Griffith, 1747–1819, British, View of Erthig, Denbigshire, Wales, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.