Distant view of Llandrillo
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Outline sketch of the recto
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor over graphite; verso: graphite traced over with pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 16 5/8in. (27 x 42.2cm), Sheet: 10 5/8 × 16 5/8 inches (27 × 42.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, traced over with pen and brown ink, lower center: "Distant View, of the Neighborhood, of Llandrillo, & the extensive Mountain of Berwin, Merionethshire I with the 2 Vales, Pennant & Edermion"; center left: "Edermion | Vale"; center right: "Llandrillo | Church Vale to Pennant | or Cwn."
Collector's mark: Paul Mellon
Signed on verso in pen and brown ink: "by M Griffith | Augst 1805"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | mountains | valleys
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Fairest Isle - The Appreciation of British Scenery 1750-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1989-04-12 - 1989-06-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Duncan Robinson, Fairest isle : the appreciation of British scenery, 1750-1850, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1989, p. 9, no. 69, ND1354.4 F35 (YCBA) [YCBA]