- Portrait study of John Inigo Richards, R.A.
- ca. 1771
- Black and white chalk with stump on moderately thick, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 5 15/16 inches (14 × 15.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Mr. Richards | Painter | Pupil of | Lambert."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gesture | man | portrait | profile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Grignion, 1717–1810, British, Portrait study of John Inigo Richards, R.A, ca. 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.