Charles Grignion, 1717–1810, British, Portrait study of John Inigo Richards, R.A, ca. 1771
Portrait study of John Inigo Richards, R.A.
- ca. 1771
- Black and white chalk with stump on moderately thick, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 5 15/16 inches (14 × 15.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Mr. Richards | Painter | Pupil of | Lambert."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gesture | man | portrait | profile
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.