The Thames from the Ship Inn, Greenwich
- Black ink, gray wash, brown wash, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 6 3/4 x 9 1/8 inches (17.1 x 23.2 cm), Sheet: 4 3/4 x 7 1/8 inches (12.1 x 18.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, on back, lower right: "Across the River from the Ship Tavern Greenwich"
Signed in gray ink, lower left: "Hearne"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | buildings | city | cityscape | inn | landscape | overcast | river | sailing | sails | ship | shipping | skyline
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Greenwich | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Hearne, 1744–1817, British, The Thames from the Ship Inn, Greenwich, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.