IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Heath, 1795–1840, British, An Episode at the Battle of Waterloo, 1817
An Episode at the Battle of Waterloo
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 9 1/4 inches (18.1 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D.3200"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "W. Heath 1817"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- battle | fighting | French | military art | Napoleonic Wars (1803-1815) | war | Waterloo, Battle of, Waterloo, Belgium, 1815
- Associated Places:
- Belgium | Waterloo
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.