- An Indian Tomb with Figures in the Foreground and a Gate in the Distance
- between 1781 and 1783
- Gray wash and graphite on laid paper, laid down on a 19th Century wash mount
- Sheet: 18 3/4 x 25 5/8in. (47.6 x 65.1cm)
In graphite, LL of mount : ? Lucknou.
Initialled, in pen and brown ink: UL: WH.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Isabel Combs Stuebe, Life and works of William Hodges, , Garland Publishing, Inc., New York, 1979, pp, xxi, 281, no. 429, fig. 253, NJ18 H646 S75 1979 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Hodges, 1744–1797, British, An Indian Tomb with Figures in the Foreground and a Gate in the Distance, between 1781 and 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.