- Meadow landscape with a Small Pond in the Foreground and Hills in the Distance
- Gray wash and graphite on laid paper, laid down on 19th Century wash mount
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 21 7/16in. (37.5 x 54.5cm)
In pen and brown ink, UR: WH; in graphite LC of mount: 6.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Isabel Combs Stuebe, Life and works of William Hodges, , Garland Publishing, Inc., New York, 1979, pp. xxii, 286, no. 439, fig. 267, NJ18 H646 S75 1979 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Hodges, 1744–1797, British, Meadow landscape with a Small Pond in the Foreground and Hills in the Distance, 1781-1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.