A Monkey and Young
- after 1799
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 × 7 1/8 inches (13 × 18.1 cm)
Watermark: similar to Heawood 2774 (RUSE & TURNERS)[RUSE/1799]
Signed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Howitt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | cliff | falling | monkeys
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, A Monkey and Young, after 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.