Entrance to the Port of Marseille
- Pen and brown ink with gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blue wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream card
- Mount: 6 1/2 × 9 7/8 inches (16.5 × 25.1 cm) and Sheet: 6 1/2 × 9 7/8 inches (16.5 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "Entrance of the Port of Marseilles"; in graphite, lower right: "Mr(?) Ent[...]"; on back, center right: "8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | buildings | harbor | landscape | lighthouse | port | rocks (landforms) | sailboats | ships | walls
- Associated Places:
- Abbey of St. Victor, Marseille | Bouches-du-Rhône | France | Marseille | Mediterranean Sea | Old Port of Marseille | Phare de Sainte Marie | Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Entrance to the Port of Marseille, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.