Entrance to the Port of Marseille
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink with gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blue wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream card
- Mount: 6 1/2 × 9 7/8 inches (16.5 × 25.1 cm), Sheet: 6 1/2 × 9 7/8 inches (16.5 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "Entrance of the Port of Marseilles"; in graphite, lower right: "Mr(?) Ent[...]"; on back, center right: "8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | buildings | harbor | landscape | lighthouse | port | rocks (landforms) | sailboats | ships | walls
- Associated Places:
- Abbey of St. Victor, Marseille | Bouches-du-Rhône | France | Marseille | Mediterranean Sea | Old Port of Marseille | Phare de Sainte Marie | Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Entrance to the Port of Marseille, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.