Cart Bearing a Large Tree Trunk
- Gray wash with pen and gray ink over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Mount: 6 7/8 × 10 1/2 inches (17.5 × 26.7 cm) and Sheet: 4 × 8 1/8 inches (10.2 × 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, center right: "W109"; in blue ink, on mount, lower center: "2 Moms(?) usual | BOR(?)"; in graphite, on back of mount, center: "W109"; on back of mount, lower center: "14 x 10 1/4 | 3 - 3 1/2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cart | driver | genre subject | horses (animals) | lumber | trees | trunks | wagon
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, Cart Bearing a Large Tree Trunk, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.