Cart Bearing a Large Tree Trunk
- Gray wash with pen and gray ink over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Mount: 6 7/8 × 10 1/2 inches (17.5 × 26.7 cm) and Sheet: 4 × 8 1/8 inches (10.2 × 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, center right: "W109"; in blue ink, on mount, lower center: "2 Moms(?) usual | BOR(?)"; in graphite, on back of mount, center: "W109"; on back of mount, lower center: "14 x 10 1/4 | 3 - 3 1/2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cart | driver | genre subject | horses (animals) | lumber | trees | trunks | wagon
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, Cart Bearing a Large Tree Trunk, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.