IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Lewin, 1747–1795, British, Jackdaw, before 1790
- before 1790
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite with gum arabic on medium, smooth, white vellum
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 6 5/8 inches (20.6 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left.: "37"; Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Jackdaw."
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | branch | crow (animal) | perch | Western Jackdaw
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.