William Lewin, 1747–1795, British, Warbler: Reed Wren, before 1790
Warbler: Reed Wren
- before 1790
- Watercolor, gouache, graphite and pen and black ink on medium, smooth, white vellum
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 6 5/8 inches (20.6 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Reed Warbler"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | branch | perch | wren
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.