William Lewin, 1747–1795, British, Warbler: Reed Wren, before 1790
Warbler: Reed Wren
- before 1790
- Watercolor, gouache, graphite and pen and black ink on medium, smooth, white vellum
- 8 1/8 × 6 5/8 inches (20.6 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Reed Warbler"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | branch | perch | wren
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.