William Lewin, 1747–1795, British, Roller: Garrulous Roller, before 1790
Roller: Garrulous Roller
- before 1790
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite with gum arabic on medium, smooth, white vellum
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 6 1/2 inches (21.6 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "Garralus Roller"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | beak | bird | stump
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.