Liverpool Street A.M.
- Additional Title(s):
- Graphite and pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 x 18 9/16 inches (34 x 47.2 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center, in sign: "0836 | BISHOPS STORTFORD | AUDLEYEND | CAMBRIDGE"; lower right: "LIVERPOOL STREET A.M."; in black ink, on back, upper left: "Morning (underlined) opening Illustration for Muggeridge text | 26 (encircled)"; in graphite, on back, upper center: "Voolwich(?) 3 (encircled)"; on back, center: graph with "25.5 cms (encircled)" labeled on y axis, "28 cms (encircled)" labeled on x axis; in blue ink, on back, lower right: "100-76"
Signed in black ink, lower right: "Paul Hogarth"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | commuter railroad | crowd | figures | genre subject | hats | railroad stations | railway tracks | signs | trains | walking
- Associated Places:
- Bishopsgate | City of London | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Arthur Hogarth, 1917–2001, British, Liverpool Street A.M, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.