Liverpool Street A.M.
- Additional Title(s):
- Graphite and pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 13 3/8 x 18 9/16 inches (34 x 47.2 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center, in sign: "0836 | BISHOPS STORTFORD | AUDLEYEND | CAMBRIDGE"; lower right: "LIVERPOOL STREET A.M."; in black ink, on back, upper left: "Morning (underlined) opening Illustration for Muggeridge text | 26 (encircled)"; in graphite, on back, upper center: "Voolwich(?) 3 (encircled)"; on back, center: graph with "25.5 cms (encircled)" labeled on y axis, "28 cms (encircled)" labeled on x axis; in blue ink, on back, lower right: "100-76"
Signed in black ink, lower right: "Paul Hogarth"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | commuter railroad | crowd | figures | genre subject | hats | railroad stations | railway tracks | signs | trains | walking
- Associated Places:
- Bishopsgate | City of London | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Arthur Hogarth, 1917–2001, British, Liverpool Street A.M, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.