- Ruins of Prince Shuja's Palace at Rajmahal
- ca. 1781
- Gray wash, pen and black ink and graphite on laid paper, laid down on 19th Century wash mount
- Sheet: 19 3/8 x 26 1/8in. (49.2 x 66.4cm)
In graphite, LL of mount: Ganges in graphite; LC of mount: 22.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Isabel Combs Stuebe, Life and works of William Hodges, , Garland Publishing, Inc., New York, 1979, pp. xix,259, no. 357, fig. 223, NJ18 H646 S75 1979 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Hodges, 1744–1797, British, Ruins of Prince Shuja's Palace at Rajmahal, ca. 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.