The Fair Grounds
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/16 x 17 3/8in. (13.2 x 44.1cm), Sheet: 5 1/8 × 17 3/8 inches (13 × 44.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite with various subject and color notes; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "D6-562"; in graphite, center: "Attached to | F. C, Lewis circa 1880 | by [...] Murray from a sketch book | at the B.M."
[Fragment of a Coat of Arms?/ B]; collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | dwellings | fair grounds | flags | street | tents | Union Jack
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Frederick Christian Lewis the Elder, 1779–1856, British, The Fair Grounds, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.