Venice: The Grand Canal and Rialto
- Watercolor, white gouache, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 10 3/8 inches (19.4 x 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown typeface, in capital letters, in lower center of mat: "Grand Canal & Rialto, Venice."
Signed in brown typeface, in capital letters, in lower right of mat: "John Frederick Lewis, RA".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bridges (built works) | buildings | canals | cityscape | gondolas | Grand Tour | perspective | water
- Associated Places:
- Grand Canal | Italy | Rialto | Veneto | Venezia | Venice
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Frederick Lewis, 1804–1876, British, Venice: The Grand Canal and Rialto, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.