- Seated Turk
- between 1840 and 1841
- Watercolor, white gouache, black chalk, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 x 11 5/8 inches (43.2 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "[...]"; in graphite lower left: "[...]"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fezes | men | moustache | portrait | robes | Turkish
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Frederick Lewis, 1804–1876, British, Seated Turk, between 1840 and 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.