IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Frederick Lewis, 1804–1876, British, The Torre de Comares, Alhambra, 1835, 1835
The Torre de Comares, Alhambra, 1835
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of a Building
- Graphite, watercolor, and gouache, with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 x 10 5/8 inches (37.1 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Torre | De Comares | from the Torador | De la Reyna | Torre de Comares"
Signed and dated in graphite lower right: "J.F.L. | July 7 1833"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balconies | men | roofs | towers (building divisions) | women
- Associated Places:
- Alhambra | Comares Tower | España | Granada
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.