The Torre de Comares, Alhambra, 1835
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of a Building
- Graphite, watercolor, and gouache, with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 x 10 5/8 inches (37.1 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Torre | De Comares | from the Torador | De la Reyna | Torre de Comares"
Signed and dated in graphite lower right: "J.F.L. | July 7 1833"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balconies | men | roofs | towers (building divisions) | women
- Associated Places:
- Alhambra | Comares Tower | España | Granada
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Frederick Lewis, 1804–1876, British, The Torre de Comares, Alhambra, 1835, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.