- The Torre de Comares, Alhambra, 1835
- Graphite, watercolor, and gouache, with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 x 10 5/8 inches (37.1 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Torre | De Comares | from the Torador | De la Reyna | Torre de Comares"
Signed and dated in graphite lower right: "J.F.L. | July 7 1833"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balconies | men | roofs | towers (building divisions) | women
- Associated Places:
- Alhambra | Comares Tower | España | Granada
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Frederick Lewis, 1804–1876, British, The Torre de Comares, Alhambra, 1835, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.