- Stones Found in a Pitt, in Ringfield Near Beccles, Suffolk
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 10 3/4 inches (18.7 × 27.3 cm)
In pen and black ink, lower right, below image: I Johnson Delt Woodbridge Suff.; in pen and black ink, lower center below image: Stones found in a PITT, in Ringfield near Beccles Suffolk.; In pen and brown ink, lower left: They were undermined & let down by/ - JW Black the tenant under the fear/ his cattle might be inspired by their accidental fall.
Watermarks: Similar to Heawood 3459 (J Johnson)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "H Hohnson Del.."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | stone | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Beccles | England | Europe | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Johnson, 1754–1835, British, Stones Found in a Pitt, in Ringfield Near Beccles, Suffolk, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.