- Study of J.M.W. Turner Sketching
- Gray wash on medium, slightly textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 x 6 7/16in. (16.8 x 16.4cm) and Sheet: 6 5/8 × 6 1/2 inches (16.8 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- back | beard | figure study | hat | portrait | sketching
- Associated People:
- Turner, Joseph Mallord William (1775–1851), landscape and history painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Jones, 1786–1869, British, Study of J.M.W. Turner Sketching, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.