John Frederick Lewis, 1804–1876, British, Temple of Edfou, Upper Egypt, between 1841 and 1851
Temple of Edfou, Upper Egypt
- between 1841 and 1851
- Watercolor, white gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 x 19 7/8 inches (32.7 x 50.5 cm)
Signed in graphite lower left: "Temple of Edfou, Upper Egypt. J.F. Lewis, RA. 1805-1876."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | desert | ruins | stones | temple | trees
- Associated Places:
- Egypt | Idfu | Nile | Temple of Edfou
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.